Mission / Vision
EYE is Singapore Management University (SMU)’s first and largest investment interactive club. It was set up in March 2002 by a group of students who possess a similar interest in investments and financial planning. To date, EYE has more than 1600 members and an alumni network spanning 16 years.
The club was set up to facilitate the exchange of ideas and knowledge in this field between students, faculty and alumni of SMU.
What is our Mission and Vision?
To be a globally recognized varsity investment club by providing members with a platform to conduct investment research and an environment to exchange investment knowledge.
EYE aims to achieve the following for its members:
(1) to Enhance Your Education,
(2) to Expand Your Exposure, and
(3) to Enrich Your Experience.
What is our Rationale?
The rationale behind the setting up of this club is to allow the exchange of ideas and knowledge in this field between the students, and even faculty, of SMU.
The primary objectives of the club are:
Stimulate interest in finance among students and help them develop an eye for investing
- Equip students with ample knowledge regarding investments in the real world
- Increase students’ exposure to investing, financial planning, and the business opportunities available to them
- Allow interaction and networking, gaining insights into the finance industry
- Allow members to gain insights into the finance industry through interacting and networking with industry professionals and experienced alumni
- Establish a strong community within the club and alumni